5/26/08

Yesterday was such an amazing day, i don't know where to start.

I came home last night after Driven, and something from that day had stayed with me.
Whether it was the fact that yesterday was on the last things i'll do with Cindy and Kelston being there, whether it was the fact i was shown how supportive my corps actually are, or things that were said and done, whatever it was, maybe all of thee above. Yesterday was just a very very special day to me.

Being Candidates day, i was taking part. Both meetings i was involved in the Prayer time. Morning i was involved in the responsive prayer, along with Kelston and CIndy, and in the evening, I led the prayer time. Something i hadn't done before, and something i was very worried about, but it went really well.

Before the meeting started, Kelston was asking me if my prayer time was all sorted, and how i was feeling about that, then said he was going to interview me, just to let people know whats been going on, and then they were going to pray for me. The interview went well, but it was when we invited people to stand around me, and pray for me, then the whole congregation were on their feet, was very emotional. As kelston finished praying i looked around with tears falling down my face to see everyone, which ended up with more tears. I love my corps so much <3

I remember standing on the platform when Kelston, when he said this: "Look after her, I may be in Plymouth but I'll be watching from a distance" - That was the sweetest thing i had heard in a long time.

And, my song that i picked for the songsters was "I'll Not Turn Back!" and it was actually sang twice that day - morning and back. Very moving song. In the morning it was used as part of the response. We were given little strips of blue ribbon and we, if we wanted, could tie them to a fishing net, to show that we'd left that something behind that was getting in our way of giving up and not turning back.

All in all, a really good day.
But if that was just everyone supporting me at the start of this journey, i don't want to see what it's going to be like when i actually leave, haha!

Lots of hugs, support and smiles yesterday =]

I'll Not Turn back, What ever it may cost, I'm called to live, to love and save the lost!

No comments: