5/13/08

My friends amaze me more than ever.

Today and yesterday haven't been the best days. With Nan not looking too great, college work pilling up, Sermons for Vocational Fellowship, Candidate Sunday to help organize, and much more, including loosing music for my grade 8 exam.

So i went into college today, not knowing what to expect. But my friends at college made me laugh and smile so much today, and then i had a nice meeting with the Bennett's, and then to top it all off, I just had a really nice conversation with Madeleine.

It was the usual,'have you got any gossip' line, but it lead on to the topic of me going to London so i had to explain all that. And I've always known mads to be very understanding, and very open minded, but tonight she just amazed me. She was asking all sort of questions and things. It was nice, nice to chat about it with her.

My mum told me last night, that if things were pilling up, and i feel like sort of top heavy right now, then maybe get a few things out of the way. Like my sermon she said, but i still don't know what to write, i need time to sit down and think that over. Which may be a task for tomorrow or Thursday night. I was sitting quietly in bible study as i usually do, taking it all in, thinking to myself when i glanced at me trainer and got a reminder from one of my favourite songs; "I'll Not turn back!"

No you're not defeated
And soon you'll be smiling once again
Then you won't have to feel it
Let it go with the wind
Time passes us by
And know that you're allowed to cry

'cause when you're in your darkest hour
And all of the light just fades away
When you're like a single flower whose colours have turned to shades of gray
Well hang on (whoa) and be strong
(hang on hang on) Be strong
Hold on and be strong

Delta Goodrem - Be Strong

No comments: