4/13/08

My Thought!

Hebrews 11 shows us some great examples of faith, and how God used the people of that day. These people in Hebrews, like Sarah, Noah, Enoch, Abraham, they all did something that was thought to be the impossible. With God all things are possible, which is why we have our faith. Faith to be sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. We need our faith to be invincible, Hebrews 11 v 1.

From verses 3 – 31, most of them start with “It was by faith”, by faith that these people let God use them and did things that in that day seemed impossible.

I am called to be an officer, and through that calling God may ask me to do some things that I Samantha Davies can’t do, but with by acts of Faith and by the Holy Spirit I can do what God wants me to do. I wasn’t very keen on doing this tonight, because I don’t really have the confidence for speaking in public, but through prayer, faith and placing my trust in the Lord, God will provide the confidence that I need.

In Hebrews 10 v 35 it says “So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, Remember the great reward it brings you!”

This verse makes me think of college at the minute. It gives me reassurance to not give up. I had a prelim the other day for my grade 8 cornet exam, and let’s just say it didn’t go very well. I went into my prelim with so much on my mind that I broke down into tears. Through that first half hour my tutor was very helpful, and reminded me that I could do my grade 8, and when I told her what I was talking about tonight and said I didn’t know what to say, she started laughing, I had just explained to her a situation that I could not do unless I placed my faith in God and believed in him.

It’s by faith & the Holy Spirit within them that they could believe and do what God was asking of them. This is how we are invincible, by faith and by having the Holy Spirit living and working with in us.

When we become invincible we don't like to see people hurt, people gossiped about, people left out. We want to make a difference. We want to use that special power inside us. And you can have these special powers. Power to love the unlovable, befriend the friendless. Give hope to the hopeless. That special power is the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 11 v 39 – 40 says this: “39These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Therefore together with God, we are invincible.

1 comment:

Laura Whispering said...

*hugs you*
Because you're awesome
..and invincible!