8/19/09

argghhhh!

Is full of the cold and all i wanted to do till 3 was sleep. But with Crossraods (my work) calling me time after time, that didn't quite happen.

The first few calls were okay, well, not really affecting my own work hours, however i lady i used to cover for when maggie (another crossraods carer) was off, well she's in hospital, not good. Then came the last phone call, and you won't know how glad i am that it's past 3pm - least my boss can't call me till 9am tomorrow. Basically, i'm not going back to a certain lady that i used to go to from 4 -5. I don't know why, i keep wondering if i have done something wrong, if the lady secretley wasn't pleased with me, maybe i now talk way top much, i just don't get it, there's no way her usual carer is back, as she only had her baby last month, and i can't see maggie getting her, as her mum's undergoing treatment for cancer, so i have no idea what's happenening.

My boss asked the hours i have now....7 a week, and kids club every 2nd saturday. Not enough. He said he'll keep me in mind for anything else that comes up, which reassures me that maybe i am doing okay?

But honestly, 7 hours a week, and kids club every 2nd saturday, is not going to be enough to save for London next year, or for Canada, or much else to be honest. I know i said i didn't want to leave Crossroads, because i do really love the kids club, and the hours i do have, but i think i may have to. I have looked for jobs but there is none going at the minute.

Rant over.

2 comments:

Laura Whispering said...

What about that Agency that Lesley's boyfriend was applying to? The one where you can work your hours around whatever else you're doing (Angels or something)?
That might be worth trying,if you haven't already.. that way you could still keep on with Crossroads as well xo

Sam Davies said...

Yeah, it's angels. I called them the other day, they sent me an application form, filled most of it in, need to post it tomorrow.
Hopefully i get something to work in with Crossroads though :)xox