6/22/08

God's love, God's love...=)

"The tide is now flowing, I’m touching the wave,
I hear the loud call of the Mighty to Save;
My faith’s growing bolder, delivered I’ll be;
I plunge ’neath the waters, I plunge ’neath the waters,
I plunge ’neath the waters they roll over me. ..

And now hallelujah the rest of my days, shall galdly be spent in promoting his praise..."
William Booth.

- Nerve wreaking
- Scary
- Exciting
- Both corps saying they'd pray for me
- Promises not to forget
- Giving Kelston & Cindy their farewell present =(
- Hugs
- Wii Challenges
- VF adventures & Banter
- Good comments/Fedback from meetings
- Enjoyable
- Funny

And, i think that maybe sums up my weekend.

Today the Vocational Fellowship, 5 of us and Cindy & Kelston went to two corps: Findochty & Buckie. Leaving aberdeen at 8:45am to get there and prepare everything for the meeting, and set up instruments etc.

It was a very nervous morning, well for me anyways. Having never really taken such a big part in a meeting before: It was my first ever sermon. So basically for the majority of the journey in the morning i was praying.

We got there about 10:15...and the officer was starting to worry i think, since the meeting starts at half 10, haha. But we got there, and the meeting began. Chris lead the meeting to start with and led us in worship then into our prayer time.

Chris did his testimony in both meetings, Christine Sang a solo in both meetings, Craig and Fiona did a drama entitled "Love is..." Fiona leading some worship in the evening, And my sermon in the morning, Craig in the evening - He was good =)

There were a lot of positive comments from the morning meeting in Findochty. A man who couldn't stay for tea and coffee told the officer, who then told us, that he thought it was an 'Inspiration'.

Today was for me, a confirmation of my calling to officership, and a really good experience in all.
I what also an emotional and very draining day..doing a sermon takes a lot out of you..and thats what, i'm now away to sleep.

2 comments:

Laura Whispering said...

Well done, you.
i'm glad it went well for ya =]

Anonymous said...

Sam was a star! She will be a good officer and minister of the gospel! Go girl!