9/20/06

My Grandad

I aint updated here in ages, so i thought i'd do it now.

Basically my grandad was diagnosed with cancer in his liver in July, and from then on he was ok, a few bad days but nothing major, he got his first set of kemo a few weeks back and it hit him really bad. I never thought that it would be so soon. So soon that he was going to leave us. My mum told me last night that his cancer's in it's final stages and that he doen't have long :(
They could give him a bllod transfusion but if his heart goes, they wont resusitate him as the cancer is affecting all his other organs. It's in God's hands anyway, whatever happens, he's in God's hands.
I'm going to see him tonight, i'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Laura Whispering said...

"I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me!
Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!

All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I'll cling
In His blessèd presence live, ever His praises sing,
Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul's best songs,
Faithful, loving service too, to Him belongs.

Love lifted me!
Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!

Souls in danger look above, Jesus completely saves,
He will lift you by His love, out of the angry waves.
He's the Master of the sea, billows His will obey,
He your Savior wants to be, be saved today.

Love lifted me!
Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!"

..i can't really think of anything to say except that, i'm sorry. That night your grandad & i gave our testimonies he asked if we could sing that song because it's one of his favourites.. and i guess it just sort of fits right now.
i hope you're okay, honeyhoney. i really wish i could do something more than pray and give huggles.
i'll phone you later if it's not too late when you get back. Love you lots and lots and you know where i am, kay?

Laura Whispering said...

*huggles*

..When are you going to update this thing again? :(