11/18/07

Youth Councils! <3

It was youth councils this weekend, and I've been looking forward to it for a long time, because i missed last years, and it's always good to meet up with everyone.

The whole theme of the weekend was 'HEROES!'. Saturday night was Bowling and a social. After bowling we all shard some food, then had a had few songs, and good fun trying to come up with our own superheroes in little groups. Good good fun! Ha ha.
Mark Herbert (Candidates Director) was here this weekend as a speaker, and i thought he was really scary to start with, bad idea telling Fiona that, because she told him, so when he talked to me it was all awkward. But it's okay now.

Today was the day that made me think the most, today was the day that, i don't know, just planted something inside of me that i can't really explain, Even if i tried i wouldn't do it any justice.
This morning, I had to say my testimony about officership. Before the meeting this morning, Kelston asked me if i wanted to pray with them all. So i went out to pray with the band, Russell, Mark & Martin, And Cal. It was a nice way to start the whole day off, and it encouraged me so much.
The meeting went on, and it was nearly time for me to share, after Cal shared his testimony. Which was really good, it's nice to hear how he's getting on, and how God is using him through the essential programme. Then i got up, a little unwilling, to be honest, but kelston handed me the mic, and i just got up there, and done better than i thought. A few people told me i spook really well. But what stuck out to me more, was that, there's this girl i've known since i've been like what, 8 or something. She came up to me after youth councils had ended, gave me a hug, aked me how i was, how i was doing, and then said this "You have given me some hope. I always thought i was too young to do anything!" That girl, my friend, made me smile, made me cry. I am thankful to God for her <3 class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_5">saturday night, that she has had an experience with god, and is now like on fire for him, and that was so evident today, and yeah. It was nice to see her again!

I had a chat with Mark after tlunch today. Well it was more of a, Samantha come here, from Kelston, to a table with Him, Cindy, the DC, Russell and Mark, ha ha. It was a good chat though. And they're sending the officership training stuff so we can get started with that, and i'm meeting my officers on tuesday afternoon.
Excitment!



' And I will live for all my days
To raise a banner of truth and light
To sing about my saviours love
And the best thing that happened
It was the day I met you

I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus

Well you lifted me from where I was
Set my feet upon a rock
Humbled that you even knew about me
Now I have chosen to believe
Believing that you've chosen me
I was lost but now I've found...'
- Delirios?

No comments: